Chicken eggs have served as human food since time immemorial. Eggs contain essential nutrients required for the body to function. These include proteins, vitamin A, and vitamin D. An egg can be consumed while raw or cooked. However, many people don’t take it raw because it is a habit that is hard to normalize. This article will look at the number of calories that a fried egg and a raw egg has and the benefits they have to consumers.
But then before that, what is the number of eggs can you take in a day? This is a question that many people have asked, but they still lack an answer to it. Ideally, you can take up to three whole eggs in a day to get all the nutrients the body needs to function.
Let’s look at how an egg can be cooked and their corresponding numbers of calories for those who like cooking eggs before you eat. An egg is cooked by frying, scrambling, poaching, or hard-boiling.
The number of calories in an egg varies depending on how you cook it and its size. Let’s see the discussion below.
A raw egg
A large raw egg yields at most 90 calories, but the number of calories in a raw egg varies depending on the size. One medium-sized raw egg has 63 calories.
A fried egg
One large fried egg contains 92 calories, while a smaller one has around 54 calories. Many people like this type of cooked egg, but it can be harmful because of the use of oil during frying makes it one of the fattest types of cooking.
On the other hand, we have people who choose to have their eggs scrambled. Let’s see how many calories they consume in scrambled eggs. A scrambled egg has 100 calories; this makes it the fattest of all cooked eggs; this is because oil added when cooking the egg remains in the egg. Fried eggs have fewer calories than the scrambled because a larger percentage of oil can be removed when frying.
The number of calories varies depending on what you use when cooking them. If you add fats and butter, you get more calories than when you use semi-skimmed milk.
A hardboiled egg can supplement any meal to offer proteins. It has 76 calories; you can comfortably add it to your meat or salad. Hardboiled eggs are ideal to have in your refrigerator than those other fatty snacks.
Poached eggs are almost similar to the hardboiled eggs. They have 76 calories. These eggs are cooked in the water without a shell. Egg calories are not a major concern because we have several nutritional values that the egg itself provides. One of them being that it is a high protein food alongside other nutrients that it has.
Let’s now quickly look at the number of How Many Calories in Fried Egg;
There are approximately 55 calories in egg yolk. This is where most calories and fat content are found. One large egg’s yolk has more than 180 mg of cholesterol as well.
On the other hand, there is no fat content in an egg white. An egg white has about 17 calories. Most proteins are obtained from the egg white, while an egg yolk provides most minerals and vitamins.
Nutritional and health benefits associated with taking fried eggs
here are quite a several benefits that you can be entitled to when you include eggs in your diet. A lot of proteins, vitamins, and minerals can be obtained from eggs. These components can, in turn, lower the “bad” cholesterol. Below are some benefits you can get.
- Fried eggs play an essential role in repairing damaged muscle tissues and also help in forming new tissues. This is because they contain high protein content and amino acids required for proper tissue repair and cell regrowth.
- Fried eggs are important because they increase good cholesterol levels hence reducing the risk of developing heart diseases.
- Assists the brain functioning and growth. This is eggs contain choline nutrient that enables the building of cell membranes. This, in turn, ensures that the brain functions. The choline compound plays a vital role in developing an unborn baby’s brain.
- Since eggs contain vitamin D, they can help reduce the possible rickets risks, which occur when due to lack of vitamin D.
- Eggs also have vitamin A which is responsible for ensuring that you maintain your good vision. Lack of vitamin A can result in blindness. There are also lutein and zeaxanthin properties in an egg accountable for preventing the possible formation of cataracts and healthy eyesight.
- Choline nutrient also helps in preventing possible stunted growth in children and improves mental functioning.
- Additionally, eggs have omega-3 fatty acids that help the body deal with any inflammatory conditions like heart disease.
- Egg consumption can also help in the prevention of gout. This is due to the high protein content, and the fact that they have less purine content makes them ideal because it is the one that breaks down in the body to form uric acid, which may eventually become gout.
- Eggs eating can assist in more weight loss. The study has shown that this dieting practice can help up to 63% weight loss than those having a bagel diet. Just ensure that you include egg in your diet even when you are out for workouts; it is equally healthy.
We can conclude by saying that eggs are essential to one’s health and should be incorporated in your diet regularly if a well-balanced diet is what you need. They contain high-quality protein, vitamins, and minerals, all of which are essential to our body. However, you should take note that the number of calories in an egg varies depending on the way you cook them and their original size. A fried egg is equally important and has fewer calories than the scrambled ones. It is advisable that you eat fried eggs if calories are what you are much concerned with.